Monday 31 August 2015

Sikkim maybe






          I took the photies up the allotment this afternoon. The stewed apples have been a particular treat this year, and I'm looking forward to trying the kale this evening for the first time.

           Brian Wilson contacted me over the weekend and suggested that I go to Sikkim next year with him and his wife, and possibly some others. This suggestion has good and bad aspects, but is mainly a brilliant idea. The only downside I can see about this is that we would be trekking from place to place with guides and all that palaver, which I'd regard as a bit of a stupid waste of my life, but one of the places we'd be visiting is Rumtek monastery. I'd love to visit Rumtek monastery. Skkim has such fantastic buddhist associations and won't be a complete hellhole like Bodh Gaya.

           If only Brian Wilson and his wife are going that would be fine by me. As long as somebody's there to get him out of the jail after he's been attempting to drink Sikkim dry. Also, I need travelling companions to keep each other company when I'm meditating.

           I've been smoking tobacco for the last six weeks. Today is the start of the stopping again. Taper off and stop on Wednesday. I hadn't been smoking at all since March, so starting again was the usual disappointment.

2 comments: