Friday 28 August 2015

The weekend again!

          Last night I went out to a Neu Reekie gig at the Speigeltent up at the bookfest. I haven't been at these gigs recently, mainly due to all the travelling this year, but it's performance poetry and music, and one of my favourite things to go to. So I stood in the queue at nine and at nearly quarter past nothing had happened, and I went home.

           That is the main problem with being single again. There's no one to go out with to the movies, theatre and such like. I don't really like going out to stuff on my own, but the solitude is definitely working. It makes trying to keep "mindful" a lot easier! And the meditations are very seductive right now.. Wonderful things continue to develop. Bliss comes and goes, but it's full on at the moment. There has definitely been a change recently in the sheath that stretches and seems to open further and further somehow into more and more bliss, and I think all I have to do is keep this going. Even with my bad habits, I really feel as if I'm on a path to somewhere, but God knows where. This makes doing the juju kind of fascinating. I've just got to not bother about not seeing anyone.

          I haven't done much writing this week. I was trying to write something about enlightenment and realisation, and remembered that sometimes writing is quite hard. You've got to work at it. Next week I'll write either in the afternoon or in the evening.  I'm not going to have a draft finished by Christmas unless I write every day. The trouble is that I find it difficult to meditate for six hours a day and write as well. I'll just have to utilise my time better and waste less.

          I've sold a couple of books over the last few days. That doesn't happen every week. The books are downloaded about forty times a month right now, but this happens when you put them up for free. Just great that folk can be bothered downloading them at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment