Wednesday 12 August 2015

A baby mouse.

         
          There was a huge mound of old weeds and such covered with black plastic sheeting. I took off the sheeting and was throwing the stuff underneath onto another part of the allotment when I encountered two mice nests. The photie is a photie of a baby mouse. A wee cowrin', timorous beastie and probably a NO voter, all cowrin' timorous beasties every one!

           I was following a controversy over the Highland Clearances on someone's blog today and discovered that, according to the evil bourgeois view of history, the Duck of Sunderland was some kind of philanthropist, maybe a bit like Gandhi. So, like the ducky, I told the mice that they had not paid me any rent, that I owned the land (though I don't!), and I was going to move them off to a part of the allotment where they would prosper once they'd managed to survive the elements for the first night or so. Sounds fair enough to me.

1 comment:

  1. I say!

    Please send the mouse to the Malawi Mouse Boys http://malawimouseboys.tumblr.com/ who find them delicious.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete