Friday 7 August 2015

Still in the war against the machines!!








          I got changed to BT broadband recently. It stopped working tonight for about an hour and a half. No rebate. No messages. No fung all! I hope Jeremy Corbyn nationalises the basturns, every one!

          Not to worry. I got a message today from the Holy Isle which said I could get a single room there from Tuesday till Sunday, so I'll be on my travels again next week. Awaiting confirmation! I'm trying to rendezvous with my spiritual friend, Lama Rinchen.

          Apart from doing the juju for twelve years in closed retreats and being the guide to josephines doing other ones .... well, Lama Rinchen is  one person you can ask about stuff and know she's probably heard all that before. I know it's a mark of how fortunate I am that I'm getting to speak to her at all. She's over here from Brussels for a couple of weeks. She's a great laugh as well! We'll probably meet up in Central Station in Glasgow and go to the Holy Isle together.

           I'm going to have a very quiet weekend. I need a very quiet weekend. I did not do any writing last week or any training due to not having .... well, it wasn't quiet last weekend!

           I'm finding it really hard to get a grip on my bad habits right now. I'll need to do that or go on a long retreat, which I don't really want to do. I'm giving myself to Christmas time to get myself sorted out, or else ....

4 comments:

  1. Or else I'm going to find somewhere to hide!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say!

    I expect that your problems would be over if such things as BT were nationalised, because if that happened, it would never ever work.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say!

    I have it on good authority (the barman at the Chongololo) that when Scotland is an independent country, the SNP are going to nationalise not only the Internet, but also all technology. When that happens, everything will work as smoothly as the installation of the Edinburgh tram system.

    I was trying to explain to Amla (our new gardener) the irony of this statement, but he could not grasp how a city the size of Blantyre (here in Malawi) could spend more than the total annual income of our great country of Malawi, on a tram system.

    In fact, neither could he understand a tram system. It is a transportation system on rails, I explained. Don't they have trains in Embry? he responded. Yes, they do. Don't they have roads, then? Yes they do. So why do they need trams? They don't - it was simply supposed to be a demonstration of Jock engineering capability. How far does it go? He asked, expecting me to say something like - all round the country. About the same distance as from Blantyre to Limbe, I answered.

    He went away shaking his head.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete