Wednesday 5 August 2015

Dzogchen

          These are the three books I've read about Dzogchen. Dzogchen is regarded as the highest practice in Tibetan Buddhism, which is quite odd really since it's not really Buddhist. I'd like to practise it, but it is too advanced for me. You have to try to maintain non-dualistic awareness 24/7. Overcoming dualism is, of course, the name of the game. Anyway, if you can perfect Dzogchen, when you die, your body regresses to light. What? I've read about this so often that I think|: What the hell? You turn into light beams and only leave your fingernails and hair behind. I suspect if this is possible the only person who could get near it in Europe is probably Numkhai Norbu. I hope they stick a camera on this body when he passes away.  He's nearly eighty. I'd love to meet him before he goes!!
           In "The Crystal and the Way of Light" he talks about an incident with his uncle (who achieved the |Rainbow Body) and says that by then he could keep "presence" while awake, asleep and while dreaming. This is amazing. I've started re-reading that book. It cheers me up.

           I fried my brain on Saturday night, but it seems back to normal today. Had a great meditation this morning. Anyway, the only problem is that I started smoking tobacco three weeks ago and today I have been giving it up again. I haven't been smoking since the start of March. I'm amazed at how stupid I am. I told a friend of mine I'd watch the Celtic game at half five this evening. Well,  at least |I've have an excuse for kicking the shit out of the telly when they get beaten!!

No comments:

Post a Comment