Monday 3 August 2015

Recovery

              I'm supposed to be downloading a photie of a tree, but this camera .... dearie me!

              I had a great Saturday night and Sunday morning! But I was a bit fashed and bashed yesterday. I remember stroking someone's arm and head in the wee small hours, but this was in a room full of folk and I'm almost sure I wasn't stroking anything more interesting, so that's alright. I was only going to have two or three pints of Guinness! Helps you understand these guys who go out for a pint of milk and don't show up again for a couple of years. Oh well.

              I still feel a little bit fashed and bashed today, but this morning I did a sitting that lasted three straight hours. In the afternoon I was going to the hut, but got diverted trying to maintain "presence" while walking there. I thought this might be working so I kept walking and ended up having a lovely meditation in the Botties. That's where I took the photie of the tree I was gazing at.

               It's a lovely evening! I'm going to the hut. I'll have done at least six hours today. Hurrah!
         If at first you don't succeed ....This is the war against the machines. Why is this in italics??

          9:35 p.m
          About twenty folk were blowing bagpipes up Inverleith Park, but I decided to sit in the hut anyway. But the buggers were blowing away there till nearly nine. Challenging, so it was. But I didn't care since I got an email from my special spiritual friend, Lama Rinchen. She's going to be on the Holy Isle from the 10th and I will be able to have some face time with her soon. She's done three four year closed retreats, so she's a total treasure when it comes to the juju. Hurrah!

3 comments:

  1. I say!

    You were probably stroking a cat.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mingin'! Some cats got it and some cats aint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete