Tuesday 11 August 2015

Dzogchen Immediate Recognition



          I've been reading about Dzogchen recently and found this on YouTube. It made quite an impression.

          I've been thinking a lot recently about maintaining "presence" or awareness, or extending  mindfulness outside meditation sessions. This is a lot more difficult than it seems, especially when in Dzogchen they are talking about not meditating at all,(I think eventually!) but maintaining "non-dualistic contemplation". I think I've been in a non-dual state for about twelve seconds in my whole life, but what this guy says in the video just kind of clicked with me. He's not talking about awareness, but the "knowing" which is always present, at least while you are conscious. Of course, if you were a Dzogchen master, you'd be maintaining "presence" while awake, asleep, and dreaming i.e all the time. Then you keep it up when you're dying.

          I was hoping to be going to the Holy Isle with Lama Rinchen today, but it turned out that there were no single rooms left. But I did have the good fortune to meet with her yesterday for a couple of hours. She says I need "transmission". I'm not sure what this is, but I think it's a zap from the juju master. I assume when I am ready, this will happen.

          Lama Rinchen had to leave the Holy Isle to look after the Samye Dzong in Brussels. I told her I would visit her there sometime this autumn, and I will do that. This will be my first trip which I actually organise myself, the tickets, accommodation and all that. A little adventure!!

          My ears pricked up when she told me the dzong has two rooms which are let out. For the rest of this year I must be able to abandon my bad habits, or I will have to leave this flat and go into some kind of retreat. I might be better off with a personal retreat since I'm not interested in prostrations anymore, and I don't believe in anything that I haven't experienced personally. I think in Chod you have to offer your body to demons, etc. Also, I'm not interested in Gods, demi-gods, etc. By embracing your ignorance, you do not believe in anything. You do not disbelieve in anything either, but I'm not interested in leaps of faith. |I like doubt.

           The after effects of the vase breathing have taken quite a jump over the last couple of weeks. I'm in a different country now. But I'm not meditating enough. Not enough "awareness" when I'm not meditating. I don't speak the languages they use in Brussels. Great. I've taken refuge with the lama who runs the centre. They have rooms. A few months in Brussels after the new year might be just the job!!

No comments:

Post a Comment