Monday 5 August 2013

The Disasterous Re-entry of the Flatheids!

          On Thursday I was supposed to start talking to flatheids again after the kiddo and her partner came back from a holiday in Croatia. That was fine except that they normally come to see me on a Friday and the next day when it was Friday, I thought it was Saturday.

          Now I knew I had to see Brian Wilson on Saturday. Poisonous was phoning me since he'd just got back from China, so I thought I'd fit in Poisonous after the kiddo went home and before I saw Brian Wilson, thus killing two birds with one stone, or getting all the flatheids over with in one fell swoop.

         So the kiddo goes and I phones Poisonous. We had a cup of coffee on a pavement. So far, so good. I just about to escape afterwards and saying the bye byes when Poisonous wants to go 'for a pint' now. Well, even that is okay since I knew I'd escape in an hour to meet Brian Wilson and his crowd.

         On the second pint I phoned up Brian Wilson to confirm arrangements and he then told me it was Friday then, and not Saturday. So the Friday night ended with Poisonous buying a bottle of brandy to take to my bit. Of course, I couldn't get out of seeing Brian Wilson's crowd on Saturday, and I did try. About five phone calls and several emails. But try as I might I ended up with Brian Wilson bawling and shouting about creekit in my kitchen till half three in the morning.

         And the meditations had been going so, so well. It's why you have to go on retreat. Sometimes you just cannot get away from them any other way!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like life`s one long party for jocko OAPs. Albert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Albert? They only know one person to get drunk with each. I know two. In this town at this time of the year you could actually go out and have a good time instead.

    ReplyDelete