Tuesday 19 November 2013

Really working now!




          Yesterday, I went for a coffee with Colin MacDonald. I knew Colin when I used to write for radio. He's been writing scripts and whatnot for most of his adult life, I guess. I mean, making a living doing that kind of thing, which I never did. Anyway, he told me the way they organise radio drama now is far different from in my day. If I wanted something on in 2015, I'd have to be talking to someone now. Apparently, they put together all the ideas in February and pick the ones they want from a hundred word precis. He says there are still a million folk in the audience listening to Radio 4 drama.

           Anyway, I thought I'd better look at the second act of this play and actually did an hour and a half this afternoon. I should have a fair idea if I can get it to work by the end of next weekend.

           Today I went for a walk in the Botanics before doing some digging, the day was so bright and clear. The first time I get to see the photies is when I put them on the blog.

4 comments:

  1. I would try and write a Scottish independence angle into the script, or at least into the 100-word version. And maybe a christmas theme. Feel free to try this: Rudolph the reindeer escapes from santa and flies to Scotland. He crashes in Ayrshire and hides out in Burns Cottage till the referendum.

    You're on your own from there, but I think I've done the hard part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, the boy said that everything is over a year in advance, so you'd have to work out who wins first. You have the same problem I have, the second act. What's this story about? Seems silly to engage with the flatheids over this when I should be meditating anyway. But I suppose I should get out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Act 2. Working from campaign HQ in Burns Cottage, he wins the first elections with his pledge to fix Scotland's unemployment and lawlessness with a program of public works. Vikingism is idealised. Englishers are shipped to haggis factories. Soylent Tartan!

    Not sure how to work in a love angle, but you're a writer. I've done what I can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Albert? Is that you? It's about bad motivation bringing about bad results in a period of epic transition as a scapyard goes out of business and is in the process of becoming a something else! Sort of ...

    ReplyDelete