Wednesday 20 November 2013

In between times

          What you have got to do when you have to deal with a bereavement situation is be able to meditate. If you cannot meditate and do not understand anything about non-self and emptiness, well, you might as well just blow your brains out. Clinging to an idiotic view of self whilst trying to navigate the emotional maelstrom ... well, since I am not enlightened, I've had to do that, but not in the way the other joes do. The old joes. Don't be one of them.

           I'm in an intermediate situation now. The massive grief has diminished. I miss my friend. I have to move onto other things.

           It's a wee bit like getting shingles when I was about ten years younger. I couldn't believe how horrible that was, but was thankful that I wasn't old. Right now I am old, but not that old. The auld maw told me once that your body just falls apart after you are sixty, and I can see that she was dead right about that as she was about so many other things. But although my partner has died, I am not ready to die yet. 

          So now that the grief is diminished, and I am not ready to die myself, I must somehow recreate a life. This life is bound to be slightly different from previously. I had minimum wages money before. Now, I'm loaded comparatively. I'm not loaded the way the evil bourgeois are, but they're surely bound for hell. I've got enough money to travel, if I wanted to. I do not feel that I need to give the money to anyone else when I am dead because I am not bourgeois. Buddhism gave me rebirth. Dynasties are for other folk.

           I did an hour and a half's work on the re-write of the play today. That's an awful lot for me these days! There was a time when eight hours a day was normal.But I need the time to meditate. We'll see. 

          

5 comments:

  1. I say!

    Abdul was seeking clarification, so I explained that the stupid proletariat toil and labour mostly for the benefit of the evil bourgeois who are in turn controlled by the vile aristocracy, who have holiday homes in the Caribbean. The stupid proletariat, being stupid, remain proletariat, and the evil bourgeois, who aspire to be vile aristocracy, will never be able to afford holiday homes in the Caribbean. The only way this will ever end is when the Peoples' Revolutionary Party joins with the Tooting Popular Front and invade the Caribbean islands and squat in the vile aristocracy's holiday homes.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  2. The proletariat were killed by Thatcherism. The evil from the arrivistas, the new half rich, the fascists in all but name killed everything but generosity. The remnants, the folk who can remember trying to help one another, the compassionate, the helpful are still there, but less empowered. The evil ones will always go to hell and the helpful ones, the ones who are not mean but generous despite their difficult situations, will always see friendship and comradelyness at every turn. The armour and the desolate castles the evil bourgeois surround themselves with will not help at the end of the day.Tell Abdul he is holy just be not killing them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say!

    Abdul has a vested interest in all of this. He works for me, and is therefore a member of the proletariat. Yet, back in his village, he is a chief, and therefore aristocracy. However, he also employs people to dig his garden, and is therefore bourgeois. His village is very friendly, and he gives generously to those worse off than himself, especially his relatives. Does this make him holy, and why should he kill them all?

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your old dear was dead right. Bits of Albert are packing up, one after another. But how come Brian seems immune?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Albert? Is that you? Brian has pickled all his internal organs with plonko collapso. If he ever moved away from the telly, he'll get a shock alright!

    ReplyDelete