Wednesday 27 November 2013

Another Lovely Day





          I'm really loving working on this script!!

          The sky was lovely over at the allotment this afternoon. I don't sit in the hut much since the kiddos put a bench on the plot, and it's not too cold usually, but I sat in the hut for a bit today. I don't really need the hut so much these days since there's no one else in the flat usually, but it is a great place to meditate.

           A friend of mine showed me the video which I hope is in the previous post. It's about six or seven years old I think, and he told me it had gone to data heaven years ago, but it seems not. The lotus is lousy partly because I was just getting over a knee injury, which I think occurred when I tried to get into a lotus whilst in my cups!!!

            This morning I had two or three lucid dreams in a row. When I wakened up, I was most keen to fall back asleep so I could dream again. Lucid dreaming is when you know you are dreaming. I knew I was dreaming in the first dream because I was dreaming that my partner had come back into the flat. So I thought I must be dreaming. We walked down the lobby and I changed the colour of the wallpaper in the dream and then we went into the kitchen. With some other folk we looked out the window there to the heavenly view. Wish I could dream like that every night. Lucid dream will, I hope, some day turn into dream yoga, one of the Six Yogas of Naropa. Talk about help from beyond the grave!!!

3 comments:

  1. I say!

    Is there any aspect of Buddhism that doesn't involve maths?

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mingin'! I don't know nothing about anything. I mean, I don't know anything about nothing. I mean, I don't know anything about anything. You could count your breaths I suppose and go back to one when you've had a thought intervening. It takes about six months to get to two. So for the first six months there's hardly any maths at all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mac! Oooh! Love lucid dreaming. Psychotronics disrupts all dreaming. @ least once, before psychotronics, got a very interesting not-hypnogogic state bridging both dream & waking awareness; my inner symbolism was of being on a bridge arced like a rainbow above but encompassing or enfolding both states.
    Gotta look up 6 Yogas of Naropa. ...
    Have u read A Grief Observed by CS Lewis?
    His beloved wife Joy died & he grieved terribly, doubting God, the usual; then began 2 have quite interesting dreams communicating w/ his wife in her new state. 4 her, the new state was more intellectual than emotional (as we have here on Earth). The assurance of her continued existence alleviated Lewis' grief. The experience itself (I think) changed his personal perspective. Interesting mysticism strictly interpreted thru somewhat orthodox Christian perspective (2 begin w/).
    Thinking of this book lately.
    Be well. Vani

    ReplyDelete