Saturday 27 July 2013

Week's end

          I haven't had a conversation with anyone since last Sunday, so that's about a week. I've bought stuff, but I don't count that. I didn't get to sleep last night till about five in the morning. Hours of yoga nidra, lying there feeling very, very relaxed and very warm. Quietly sweating.

          This occurred the last few times I've been down to the Samye Ling. I'm not sure what this means, if anything. The meditations have been hurtling onwards. I'm getting much warmer sometimes during the meditations and if what is happening is channels opening, well, something is still going on.

          Who knows where all this is going? You could still crash and burn. I'm operating without advice, but I'm not really looking for advice. What is going on is not a worry. I just want to get on with it.

          The lama told me a meeting or two ago that you'd get hot naturally through the meditations. That is, without concentrating on the channels and drops. I think that's what's been happening though I meditate now and again on the symbols. But what really seems to be coming on is the visualisations and the Dorje Sempe stuff. Fantastic bliss.

          Things I've read about hotboys: Alexandra David-Neil said that the hot stuff might come and go, but eventually stabilises so that you match the outside temperature, sort of thing. I've also read that hotboys have to sleep with only a thin sheet over them.

          Parts of the evenings have been problematic this week, but I've been getting calmer, I think. But tonight I might give myself a wee break and take a walk where there are women in summer dresses with long, long legs and subtle perfumes wafting.

4 comments:

  1. Maybe you're getting hot because its hot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could I be getting hot when it's cold? It's just another disease. I don't really want to be hot. But hotness may be thrust upon one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is the Edinburgh red light district anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Albert? That's the kind of thing you'd have to ask yourself. It's probably around here, but I don't notice that kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete