Friday 26 July 2013

Rain stopped play.



         I walked to Homebase in the late morning to get a padlock, paint and gardening gloves. I set fire to a bit of the roof of the old hut and was just about to open the paint can when the heavens opened. I sat in the hut to meditate and a pipe band started practising in Inverleith Park. It is quite hard  to meditate with a pipe band giving it laldy nearby, but I had to give it a go anyway since it was pissing down. Back in the lobby here, there's a guy on the building site outside who sometimes does something with a giant buzz saw thing

         I think I can say that now I have started writing. When the rain went off, I went to Costas and had a good think about the play. I might have developed a cunning plan.

         The trouble with Costas is that I don't really like coffee. I'd been drinking Americanos in there before, but you have to fill them with sugar. I haven't been using dairy for a few years now, but I had a latte thing this time and you can tolerate that without anything else in it. When I got back in, I did a hundred prostrations and then had a bath.

          I could see that becoming a regular thing for a late afternoon in the autumn, especially once I get the netbook thing sorted out with some word processing. I'm just not sure about the etiquette for cafes. When I was a teenager, Mr Ferris would chuck you out after an hour if you went in and just sat with the one coke for all that time.

7 comments:

  1. What a posh hut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inside it's even posher! No rats or anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely hut. The bourgeois bass turns will want to steal it. Suggest you distract the kleptomania vs

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've still got your blog set to disable comment correction from a mobile device. So as I was saying, distract the kleptomaniacs by planting a daily decoy pair of free socks just inside the door.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be sitting there waiting for them one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say!

    What a wonderful hut! It looks more deluxe than any of the lines or quarters in Kalimbuka. Abdul would like you to ship him out a hut like that. It is big enough for a family of 7, isn't it?

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tell Abdul he'll have to come over to Blighty to live in the hut. It's like the Tardis and is the size of a football park inside. I'm hoping to hold church services there for the Disbelieving Congregation.

    ReplyDelete