Wednesday 17 July 2013

Samye Ashes Day

          I'm down at the Samye Ling today to cast some of the Domestic Bliss's ashes on the river. She did want some of them down here, so here we are. Having to live one life is bad enough, but if she has to live another one, I hope the ashes and other stuff she did in life give her a connection with this place. She did take at least one empowerment with me although she did not meditate. I hope she's not a flatheid the next time.

          There was a Horizon programme on this week which had a lot to do with meditation. This joe did seven weeks trying to get up to twenty minutes a day. He did the classic concentration on breath method. Even although this is hardly any meditation at all, after seven weeks they were able to measure a difference in his thinking and brain function. He was less stressed and his insomnia seemed to be helped.

          In fact, this is the kind of moron  I have to encounter every day in life. A flatheid. Almost  anybody can help themselves by meditating  and the fact that they don't shows just what they think of other people. They don't mind foisting their bad moods and general funged-up-ness on other people. They don't mind at all.

           Well, I do. I'm so looking forward to becoming more and more of a recluse. I'm looking forward to spending more and more time in my hut and on retreat, and generally being on my own.

            The only person I know who meditates is Brian Wilson, who claims to meditate about five minutes every day. Well, so be it. I'll come out every week or so and get steaming with Brian Wilson. I can also see Poisonous since he is a psychopath and you wouldn't expect one of them to meditate.

             When we do the ashes thing, I'm hoping to read the De Profundis and The Heart Sutra.

2 comments: