Monday 22 July 2013

Free Beer




          Since I joined the lower ranks of the evil bourgeois, beer is now free. Most things are free to the evil bourgeois. Nothing COSTS anything. You could buy yourself a pair of shoes any time you feel like it. Finance is no problem. You could drink as much beer as you liked.

          I never had enough money to drink regularly in pubs, but I think I might have a local now. A local pub where you sit drinking. I've been taking my play to work on. It's probably the worst script ever written, but perhaps something can be saved from it.

          They're building something out the window. Another drinking spot, I'd venture!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Mac. Thought of u. Saw this comment on FB post by fave author Barbara Hambly (sf, fantasy & historical fiction) by fan "Jonathan Vos Post":
    "One can have one's writing go well, but the sales be slow or the critics snarky, and bitch about that on FB. Works for me, anyway.
    "Backlog of 15 unsold books written in the past 3 years, and my Facebook friends loved them when I serialized at least one chapter every day for 3 years."
    If u don't care 4 FB, this may not work 4 u. But ... excerpts @ blog? ??
    Be well. Vani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vani. I'm far too lackadaisical for any of that! I might start writing again, but spend a lot less time on the other clicky things. Mac

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another drinking spot. Just what the world needs. PS - which pub? I know you can't publish details because of the fanboys and assassins, so just give us a clue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It used to be the Raev=burnHouseHotle, the only pub I was ever thrown out of. There's now going to be Las Vegas in Stockeree and everyone says Oh no, but I think for Dorian Grey this could be perfect!

    ReplyDelete