Wednesday 3 July 2013

Lord of the Dance

          Chagdud Tulku's autobiography is most inspirational! I thnk it's the most autobiographical thing I'd read by a Tibertan so far. Such a wonderful book. The boy isn't shy about talking about people having powers  and whatnot.

           People with powers don't seem to act like saints as much as you'd expect.For instance, the lama's maw is very highly realized, but this doesn't stop her leathering the kid several times a day. It's a bit like Scotland a long time ago when parents didn't spare the rod.

            It's a bit sad that I cannot share my joy about such things as this book. The Domestic Bliss used to have to put up with me raving about stuff like that, and I really miss her when I come down here. Maybe it's because I have nothing to distract me. A lot of the meditations this year have been done through tears. It's just grief. Watch and wait and it'll turn into something else.

           I'm sorry I've been less than attentive to some other blogs this year, but there's been a lot going on. I was sorry to discover that Marie-Rex has been diagnosed with cancer. Another black spot handed out. I think she'd the only person who came to my blogs who practised, so I'll remember her in my meditations.

           Not being able to share the enthusiasm I have for such things as the book I'm reading makes me realise that I really do need to get to know some buddhists!

No comments:

Post a Comment