Monday 10 June 2013

The Terminator!





          There's a wee patch of the allotment that has got a mixture of stuff in it, and I have no idea what, and I only like to grow things you can put in the soup anyway. But it's all getting covered in weeds and couch grass and suchlike, so I digs, my solution to all gardening problems.
          The earth is rock hard and dry. By the looks of the cabbage gulag the aliens that eat you up in the night haven't shown for a while. Anything crawling past the defences deserves our respect... because how do they do that? Outwitted by a mollusc.
         
          So I'm digging away and just sod busting on the grass weediness when I spots this small wriggling thing, like a mousey baby or a rat or something. Then I saw another one.Before I got there, no problems. One of them was a wee bit further on than the other, and made squeeky noises as I fetched it out of the giant  chasm that must have opened up before it. Yes, hello, this is your life, you tiny rat thing. The first noble truth for rats and all is the truth of suffering. The other wee rat thing was not so far on, and I do not know if that was a blessing or not, and I finally put the two wee whatever into a bit of a hole. The one who wanted just to be left alone and make no noises seemed like the one for me. The other one with all its frolicksome was just going to get into troubles. Where were their parents? That's what I want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment