Thursday 13 June 2013

Back Home





          I got home feeling really quite tired and crabbit. I usually get home from the Samye Ling feeling like that for some reason. So the tired, crabbit thoughts are there when I sit down for a meditate and almost immediately I'm into the most wonderful bliss. You can't buy something like that. I have tried.

          I checked my reports on the Kindle thing and the books sales, which collapsed completely when I went off-line at the New Year, have still not picked up. The books are not selling at all. A couple of weeks ago I reduced the prices of the eight books which hadn't been published in the traditional way and it's made no difference. So far I've made about eighty quid off Kindle, but I guess that's about it. I'm glad those books are available somewhere, but I guess I should just forget about the Kindle thing. Any financial reasons I had for hoping publishing there might be successful have disappeared anyway. When I can be bothered, I'll probably put the prices back where they were, at about two quid instead of seventy seven pence.

          I have been giving the occasional thought to what I want to write about with the traffic warden book, but a big part of me can't find a reason for bothering, not when I'm spending three days going to the Samye Ling. Mnnn .... I might start tomorrow just to keep my eye in!

          I went up to check out the allotment when I finished the wonderful meditation. I was very pleased with the cabbage patch. Whatever was eating them seems to has stopped. In fact, the allotment looks fine. I checked the hole when I put the two wee ratty things and they were gone. At least, there were no bodies. Hopefully, the parents showed up and removed them to a safer place.

         

6 comments:

  1. There's a reflection of a cowboy in the first snap. Or is it a mirage?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cat in the hat is my only portrait in bloggyville! Vanity, vanity ... all is vanity! The hat is mentioned on the first page of The Buddha and the Big Bad Wolf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For what occasion did you get the hat?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got the hat on the occasion of my fortieth birthday, twenty two years ago. Akubra hat? From Australians I didn't know. Great folk. Quality hat. As good as new.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pic 1 is pleasing. Looks like something people put on their wall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Albert? Nobody else noticed how good it was, including me!

    ReplyDelete