Wednesday 30 April 2014

Radio play.








   The first six photies were taken on Sunday when I went out cycling with Poisonous. We were down near Ocean Terminal in Leith. The bottom two photies were taken yesterday when I was up Inverleith Park with my nephew and his two kids.

             I emailed the BBC radio drama folk to ask about my script, but the boy emailed me back that he hadn't read it yet!!! When I worked with the radio drama folk before, you'd get a response much earlier than four months. But it's worse. Apparently, you don't really know if you've been successful or not until February next year, and then they're deciding about stuff for 2016!! I was in the throes of nicotine withdrawals when I sent the email and I thought I'd be as well just withdrawing it when I considered that timescale. Who knows where I'll be in 2016! But I like it. Apart from a couple of lines, I couldn't see much that I'd want to change really when I read it the day before yesterday. Basically, the play is sitting at the bottom of some slush pile of "unsolicited manuscripts". I have little expectation of them producing it and I think it's time to just forget about it and get on with writing something else!!

          This last week has been really tough. You always forget how horrible getting over nicotine can be, but I'm sticking with it!!

         

2 comments:

  1. I say!

    I'm sure that your next play will be accepted.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mingin'! No, it won't!! Never go back!

    ReplyDelete