Friday 11 April 2014

Last two days.












         The first photie was taken on Tuesday after I'd had lunch with two old women friends. The rest were taken going to and from and being in the allotment over the last two days.

          The meditations this week have been astoundingly wonderful, but I'm no further forward with the no drinking and no smoking right now. Weird. But the effects of the vase breathing and all won't go back to where they were. Forward! Forward! All my plans are simple!

           I've been reading "Words of My Perfect Teacher"  It's written by a boy who spent some time living, not in cave or a hermitage, but in a depression in the ground, living off wild roots and whatnot. The Real McCoy! This is what it's like once you start on this juju ..."Just as for snake that has crawled inside a length of bamboo, it is said there are only two ways out - straight up or straight down. The Treasury of Precious Qualities says:
            Once in the Secret Mantrayana, you can only go to lower realms
             Or attain Buddhahood; there is no third direction."

             In other words, get your act together, son!

              The second last photie is of the bit of allotment I dug today. This is a far bigger than I can usually dig. I put this down to the finding big hills to cycle up before doing hundreds and hundreds of knee-bends now that I'm in serious training for the cycle run with the Old Toothless One. Since I started on the anabolic steroid injections, the cycling is just like being on a motorbike,  so it is!

     

5 comments:

  1. I say!

    Who needs a cave? They're only for pansies. A depression in the ground? He was fortunate!

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeee! You 'ad it good. We didn't have a depression in 't ground. Our guru said that were far too good for real disciples. We 'ad a flat rocky surface. That's all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flat rocky surface! We would have given our eye teeth for some rocks, we would have. Rocks! You should be so fortunate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our guro said deef were wicked things creabed by devil. He pulled all our deef oub in inibiation ceremony. Since then, I haven'b been able to balk proper ab all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thervths you wight! You'llth hab to join with Alberth down at the dockth, where being toothless is a bith of a commodithy then!

    ReplyDelete