Sunday 13 April 2014

Blooming flowers






         
          The photies are of the flowers growing in my daughter's bit of the allotment. I only grow things you can eat.

           I managed to buy two bags of seed potatoes today, Casablanca and Maris Peer. I did not want these tatties, but time has smeared by recently and I missed the opening of the allotment shop, something I usually try to anticipate. So this year there were no King Edwards and no wee onions. I usually plant four or five hundred onions. I'll have to try and buy them elsewhere, maybe at the Botties tomorrow.

           After I bought the tatties, Poisonous and I went cycling up and down the North Edinburgh cycle paths. I cycled slowly against the wind coming home and it was not much of a day for cycling, but this is just the training I need for when the Old Toothless One gets up the courage to get on his bike! We went for a drink in the Cafe Royal last night and since there were some civilised folk there called women I managed to get home unaccompanied and did not get my head stuck down the toilet this time. So it's really been a better weekend than usual.

1 comment:

  1. I say!

    I expect that, by now, it is summer in chilly Jockland, and you've been able to sit outside whilst doing your various jigsaws. Here in Kalimbuka it is getting down to 15 degrees. Must get Wilson to set the fire soon.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete