Friday 30 December 2011

Free for Five Days Book Promotions!

          With less than a day to go of the free for five days book promotion you get if you're in the KDP Select thingy, Alma Mater and TheBlissBook have between them been downloaded about 350 times. This amazes me. The title of the first one is in Latin and the second one is a comical satire about working in a bog standard high school in Edinburgh while practising Tibetan Buddhism!! No kissing vampires there.

           I thought this might have been affected by the Christmas holidays, but two people joined in the discussion on the Meet Our Authors forum and said they'd had their ebooks downloaded 1500 times using the same five free days thing. So it does seem to get your book out there. It seems people with Kindles can have emails sent to them about free ebooks, and it also seems that there are sites on the web telling you about free ebooks. There are no sites telling you about books for 86p or a dollar in the US, so I've started threads about that.

           I so enjoyed looking up the stats to see the rate at which the books were being downloaded that I've just put all the books into this programme,  a new one every five days till I'd gone through the ten books. This will finish on the day before my birthday, February 7th. I assume after nintey days you'll be able to take your books off the KDP Select scheme, re-enroll them, and start the whole thing again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment