Wednesday 21 December 2011

Amazon.com versus Amazon.co.uk

          They don't like it on Amazon.com if you start plugging your books on these discussion threads. They don't like it at all! I've only been trying it for a couple of days, but today I got an email from them saying this wasn't allowed and that I should desist, or else they'd ban me from the discussion threads. So that's me told. Actually, it was the politest message you could imagine, probably a better message than I could have written. Eff off was not mentioned once. Since I reckon it was by doing this that I was getting an ebook sold every day, I guess the one copy of The Buddha and The Big Bad Wolf  I shifted will remain the solitary book sold in America for some time.
         
            The folk who overlook the discussion threads on Amazon.co.uk don't seem to object. I guess they haven't gotten round to it yet. Anyway, it takes up far too much of my precious time. I've listened to a few radio plays recently. Twenty years ago I was really successful at that. If you sell one, you get more than 25p as well!!

             A little later.
              I've just enrolled all my books in this Kindle Select thing. I don't really know what it means because I couldn't be bothered reading the terms and conditions, I think they let folk borrow your books for nothing for a while and maybe promote it, or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment