Thursday 15 December 2011

Amazonian Passwords!

          The Kindle folk are very good and helpful. After you've sent them your problem about not getting into your reports, they send you something back helping you to get a new password, and they give you a link so that you can get onto your reports, etc.

           So you have discovered that the tags you put on your books doesn't automatically go onto all the Amazon sites. This might be why I'm not selling any books in America at all - there's no way anyone can find them. Anyway, I also noticed that the information on the Author's Page doesn't transfer either, so I try to get onto that and it asks for a password. I try my new password. I still can't get in. I try other possible passwords. Zilch. I apply to change the password and that seems to go well, but when I use it, it still won't let me in. I sent a pathetically worded plea for help, and a wee bit later try to get onto my reports to see if I've sold any ebooks today. Now I can't get into my reports. Account blocked.

            There are other sites I should go to in order to put in tags and put something into the Author's Page. Amazon. It, Amazon.Fr, Amazon De, etc. Whenever I do that, the same thing will happen. If I don't do something on these sites, I won't sell any books in those countries.

             I've asked the nice Kindle folk if I can have one username and one password for everything I do with them and Amazon, but I'm sure this is impossible.

             I've been trying to do stuff to promote these ebooks for a few hours today. Trying to show willing. Hmmm? Time to hit the snooze button, I think. If you don't write crime books, or books about kissing vampires, I suspect all this ebook stuff is a bit of a fool's errand anyway. Oh well. ZZzzzzzzz.

           

3 comments:

  1. The same applies to reviews any reviews you get in the USA do not get shown on other Amazon sites or vice versa even though it's the same book. Amazon is extremely frustrating when all writers want to do is write.
    jackleverett.me.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for leaving the comment, Jack! (Jack is my favourite name!). This is the third time I've screwed these passwords up and had my reports blocked. Does my head in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just checked your jackleverett.me.uk! What a busy man!!

    ReplyDelete