Wednesday 14 December 2011

Amazon.com

          Just because you've bought something from Amazon to get onto discussion threads and do a wee bit of marketing for your ebooks ... well, if you've bought something from Amazon.uk, that, it seems, won't let you onto the discussion threads on Amazon.com. So I've been told to buy something for Amazon.com.

          I've just spent the last three quarters of an hour trying to buy Essentials of Mahamudra by Khenchen Thrangu Rinpoche, the one book I haven't got and would really like to have. The reason why this took me so long is that I don't do well with these computery things! It took me five or six goes before they would accept my address and it's not actually the correct address. They would accept Flat 1, but not flat 3f2, where I actually reside, and they wouldn't let me just give the address with no flat numbers mentioned.

          It's taken me three or four days to work up the courage to do this because I know, just know, that it's probably screwed up my access to Amazon.uk., and to my reports on the Kindle account. That's what happened before. Do you think I should have tried to do this on a different browser? Oh well.

           I'll leave it for a few hours before trying to get onto the discussion threads at Amazon.com because I know, just know, that it's not going to let me on them, and my hair isn't long enough to pull out!!

            Incidentally, just before I got onto the Amazon.com, I checked my emails and found out that Thrangu Rinpoche is in hospital with a stroke. A strange coincidence! He'd be a great loss to Tibetan Buddhism. Get well soon!!!
6:11 p.m.
              I'm now able to get into the discussions on Amazon.com! Hurrah!! They've got Buddhist forums as well, which they don't seem to have on Amazon.uk. Here come Johnnneeee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment