Sunday 18 December 2011

Amazon.com Sales?

          Since the beginning of December, that's in the last eighteen days, I've sold twenty three ebooks, but all of the apart from one at Amazon.fr (vive la France!), have been sold in Britain from Amazon.co.uk.  There have been none at all sold from Amazon.com.
 
          This was and is a bit of a puzzle. The states have about five times the population of Great Britain and you'd think, all things being equal, that if you sold ten ebooks here, you'd sell fifty there. But there's been nothing at all sold there.

          So a few days ago I went onto the Amazon.com site and discovered that none of the tags I'd put on the books were reproduced there. Also there was nothing reproduced from the Author Page I put up. I don't buy ebooks myself, but I imagine tags operate like keywords and folk might look for books under terms like Vampires, Ghosts,  and whatnot. Anyway, I stick in tags for the books and put my photograph and a wee bit of biography into the Author Page.

          My assumption previously was that I was selling ebooks in Britain because I was advertising them on appropriate discussion threads. But it may have been because of the tags. I don't know. It's certainly not because of my name since I'm not known as a writer, not even in this house!

          I doubt if my facebook page makes any impact on sales at all. I only have thirty eight "friends" and the vast majority of them are relatives.

          So I'll keep looking for appropriate discussion threads on Amazon.com and see if it makes any difference.

          This blog is starting to get hits. In each of the last three days, there have been over twenty page views. Of course, I'm not sure what a page view is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment