Saturday 24 December 2011

Finding stuff on Kindle

          I'd been wondering why I had hardly any sales on Amazon.com and about one a day on Amazon.co.uk. Once I had put tags on the books on Amazon.com (they were on Amazon.co.uk already), I imagined I was selling the odd book in Britain due to plugging them on the discussion threads. This is probably true.

          I think it's probably true because a more computer literate person has been sitting here with me over the last half hour trying to find my books using the tags I'd put on them. They don't show. None of my books show up anywhere. In The Land of The Demon Masters is tagged with Tibetan culture, children's literature, adventure, etc., but when you enter these tags into the search engine at the top of the page, the book doesn't appear at all. We did this with the tags for several of my books and none of them showed up. So I don't think there's any way to find these books!!! How strange! I wonder if anyone knows why this is. I should really find out.

         With real books of course, you'd just have them on the shelves!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I doubt if tags are indexed my search engines.

    "Find other items with similar qualities: Are you a photography enthusiast? Find a photography book that you love and tag it with the category "photography book." Click on the
    "photography book" tag you created and see other items that were tagged similarly. Because people's tags are (by default) visible to others, a great effect of tagging is that you can navigate among items through other people's tags. Add a tag and check out what other items people have tagged as "robot" or "gardening" or "chocolate." Also, you can assign as many tags as you wish to each product, so tag away! "

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks,Rods! So the search engine isn't looking for tags. What is it looking for? Words in the title? I assume it'll find names of authors, but nobody would look for my books under my name, so how do I get the search engine to find them?

    ReplyDelete