Wednesday 7 May 2014

Wasps





          I haven't been sitting in the hut much recently. I usually meditate in the flat or, when I'm up the allotment, on the nice bench there is there now. But I was meditating in the hut yesterday - just for a change - and there was a big wasp in there with me. That was alright, but today I noticed that there is a wasp nest starting up near the apex of the roof. It looked like something wonderful, something kind of alien and inexplicable. Fabulous really.

        I was stung by wasps once or twice a few years ago now. Surprisingly sore! Those wasps weren't anything like the size of the ones I saw today and yesterday, so with much regret I knocked it down. I wouldn't be too bothered with the odd wasp buzzing about when I'm meditating, but I don't think they'd tolerate me, so I got my retaliation in first.

       I got two books delivered today, both connected to Namkhai Norbu. The one I'm really looking forward to is Rainbow Body. He's writing about his uncle in it, the one who dissolved into light on his death, hence the title. I told my friend from Hong Kong about the rainbow body business and she said she didn't believe it. I don't believe in believing in things, but I accept the profundity of my ignorance to the extent that I try not to dismiss anything. Twenty years ago, I wouldn't have believed that folk could keep themselves warm enough through meditation to stay in caves bollock naked half way up the Himalayas. But I'm  that can be done now. And I'm a huge fan of Norbu after reading his book "The Crystal and the Way of Light." If he says his uncle dissolved into light, I sure he's not lying!

       How far we have travelled into the juju!!

2 comments: