Sunday 11 May 2014

In the War against the Wasps!











          The photies were taken over the last couple of days. This really is a lovely time of the year when it doesn't rain. Even when it does. Life bursts out all over!!

           The wasps weren't put off by me knocking down their first attempt at a nest. When I was there yesterday, they were back!! Oh no!! I don't want to have to fight the wasps for the hut. It was bad enough with the rats in the old hut, but rats at least try to hide away. So I knocked down the second nest and blocked up the spaces where the wasps can come into the hut, the little gaps at the apex of the roof for ventilation. I'll be back up there tonight to see if they have been deterred.

            The cycle run today was great. I've really enjoyed the last couple of cycles. Today Poisonous and I went down a tunnel near Pollock Halls and ended up in Portobello.

6 comments:

  1. I say!

    The aliens are winning. Burn down the hut - that's the only solution.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say!

    Send in the Gurkhas!

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mingin' I was reading about a yogi who shared a mountain cave with a leopard. A snow leopard! What company that would be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wasps are only the beginning.

    Sergey Kirov

    ReplyDelete
  5. They've gone, but a big spider ate one of them first!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scatter dog and cat turds to scare off rats. Albert.

    ReplyDelete