Thursday 19 December 2013

The telly juju







         
          I feel as if I've turned a bit of a corner this week. I had a cold in my lungs for two weeks, but it's gone now. Much more energy. Also, I feel more used to my new life and far more comfortable in it. Some nice sense of settling.

           I tend to walk for about half an hour or so every afternoon when it's not raining, and go to the Botties when the light is good, like today. Since I'm not running at the moment, I don the Beer Monster Reduction Vehicle several times a week. These sessions tend to last about half an hour and I make them as aerobic as I can manage. My feet are very slowly recovering from the puffiness on the front of the footpads, so I hope I can start running again next year.

          I had the telly on BBC4 from seven. By nine I was sitting there watching a show about Constantinople and I could feel a lot of the sensations in my body I get when I'm meditating. I was doing the mantras and vase breathing and watching the telly at the same time. I've been able to feel stuff while watching the telly for a long while, but it was far more pronounced tonight. This has to be a good sign.

           So about five weeks since I was last at the Samye, I now feel quite at home. If everything keeps going like this and my life continues to improve over the holiday period, it will be difficult to bugger off the Holy Isle on the 9th of January.

2 comments:

  1. I say!

    Is the last snap a close-up of an elephant's eye?

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mingin'! It's the best "blind" photie for a while. Grass of course.

    ReplyDelete