Monday 16 December 2013

Photies on the constitutional.



          There was a very beautiful receptionist at the dentist's this afternoon. I wanted to take her photie, but was too shy to ask. She was the most attractive person I've seen since the receptionist at my last dentist's. I didn't take her photie either. I almost never take photies of people. But I've never had to talk to policemen either.
           Was the Buddha a commie? Judge for yourself.
          In this way, bhikkhus, when the ruler of a country fails to apportion wealth to those in need, poverty becomes prevalent. Poverty being prevalent, theft becomes prevalent.Theft being prevalent, weapons become prevalent. When weapons become prevalent, killing and maiming become prevalent, lying becomes prevalent.. slander ... sexual infidelity ...abuse and frivolity ... covetousness and jealousy .. wrong view becomes prevalent.
           Zombies becoming prevalent seems to have been lost in translation!

6 comments:

  1. I say old chap!

    Would you mind expanding on the logic of the statement concerning sexual infidelity becoming more prevalent when the ruler of a country fails to apportion wealth to those in need?

    Of course, now that the real owners of wealth are the multinationals, the 'rulers' of countries very much have their hands tied and their distribution capabilities curtailed. Another reason why small countries are increasingly bossed around.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  2. The steps seem somewhat blurred to me, Mingin'! Maybe folk sell their bodies when they've no money. But don't try that. Some folk you couldn't give away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say!

    Abdul also asked what's wrong with a bit of frivolity now and then (after he got me to explain what it was).

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mingin'! I personally find frolicking in the frivolities to be the best part! There doesn't seem to be any jokes in the sutras.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you showed the receptionist your portfolio, it's hard to imagine why she wouldn't leap at the chance of being photographed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Albert? My portfolio? Moi doesn't have a portfolio.

    ReplyDelete