Saturday 14 December 2013

Another Saturday night!

          I'm on my own this Saturday night. Hurrah! There are difficulties with solitude, but there are also difficulties with companions. The balance between solitude and company has been a bit tricky in the month or so since I was last at the Samye Ling. I'm supposed to be doing a bit better with the smoking and drinking, but extended periods of solitude is what I should be aiming for. So I'm on my own on this Saturday night, but that's exactly how it should be.Hurrah again!

         The Old, Toothless One asked me to go to a movie. I don't like going to movies. I'm already been to a movie the previous Sunday.I had to drink five pints of Guinness afterwards because you just can't get away. But its not all about me, so I went to the movie. It was about folk turning into zombies. I think the Old, Toothless One is worried about turning into a zombie himself since I can think of no other reason why he should want to go to such a movie. The zombie in the movie looked a bit like the Old Toothless One. You couldn't help but notice the similarity. In the bar afterwards, I was going to engage him in a conversation about the similarities between folk turning into zombies and folk turning into rhinoceroses, as in Ionescu's Rhinocerus, but after two sips of the Wifebeater, it was undeniable. The zombies are among us! By the way, it was another six pints of Guinness before I could shake him off. Maybe it's not the company you keep, but the kind of company you keep, in my case, depraved zombie binge drinkers.

          So it's better just to stay in and do the bliss every now and again.

        

3 comments:

  1. Very apt.

    Bérenger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was that 6 pints of Guinness on top of the original 5?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Albert? What's the matter with you? I went to two movies and .... why do I bother?

    ReplyDelete