Wednesday 21 November 2018

Another wonderful day in Bodh Gaya






               We spent most of the day in the big marquee beside the Karmapa's Temple, the place where I spent so much when I was here last, during the Kagyu Monlam. I remembered all the coughing and catching the flu, so I remarked to my companion that I hadn't seen anyone selling surgical masks on this trip though plenty of folk are wearing them, mainly for the pollution. In two paces there was a guy selling surgical masks!

               After sitting in my wee tent for maybe eight hours yesterday ... well, the bliss today was off the scale, both in the morning and in the afternoon. Trying to do the visualisations during this empowerment ... well, I've been getting a lot better at visualisations since I left the drink and drugs behind me in Scotland. Also, it might have been helped by having a connection with Tai Situ, who was doing the empowerment, from the last time the lama took me to India. But it was special today.

             I would really like to spend all day at the stupa tomorrow, but something is planned for early on. I would like to go just now, but I am very tired and the park would be shut less than an hour after I got there. And I am very tired. The one drive thing seems to have downloaded some more photies.








4 comments:

  1. I say!

    In the third snap from the top - are those cowpats, chapatis or aliens?

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I thought they wrre biscuits!what a fortunate creature you are hot boy...these photos and musings are giving me a great big smile....and we off to marrakesh for the festives.....fair excited!may the bliss build for the rest of the year
    Loveandpeacexxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marrakesh won't have much of the Sanity Clause, so that'll be good. Have fun!

      Delete