Thursday 22 November 2018

4th Day in Bodh Gaya


          If you get bothered by ants or flies or mosquitos, well, you've got an excuse to move. I saw this monk at the stupa with one of these mossie nets that fit over and around you, and I thought I'd buy one of those. But I'm not much of a shopper and managed to buy a too big one which you can lie flat.
Actually, a great buy at about £4.50. There is a Meditation Park in the stupa complex and it costs 25 rupees and it's always empty, maybe because the rest of the place is free. But you can watch the night come down and the dawn come up, and look on the stupa. Probably sat in this "mosquito net" for twenty hours over the last three days so it was well worth the investment. Before I came back to the hotel about an hour ago, I was sitting meditating under the Bo Tree, or its relative. So so pleased and happy to be able to do that. I wish we weren't leaving tomorrow. I've hardly seen anything of Bodh Gaya apart from the big marquee where we got an empowerment the day before yesterday and the stupa place. Time of my life!!

           By the way, I did not pick the colour. The silk outside bit was light blue. Imagine my surprise when I took it out of its circular container and it sprang into that. Just jumped into that shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment