Monday 23 January 2017

Someone to read the play!!


          The email to Catherine Makin, the Traverse person, was useful. She put me onto something called the Scottish Playwright's Studio, and it seems there is some kind of national play reading scheme on the go these days. They said if you sent them a script with the pages numbered, they'd read it. Nothing like that was around when I was doing plays.

          They say the play will be read by a theatre "professional". This reminds me of a director I used to know who admitted that he couldn't judge the worth of a play by reading it. He was a top "professional" as well.

          Anyway, I'm pleased to get someone to read it. The guy said I'll hear something in two months. The Traverse won't read anything till August. I should really try hustling this play around, but I'd rather kick it into the long grass. My inner heat stuff is going so well right now!!!

          I think I can get current photies onto the computery thing now, but this photie was taken last autumn in the allotment.

1 comment:

  1. I say!

    By gum! Things have certainly come on a lot since the sivinties.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete