Wednesday 18 January 2017

Enquiries to the Traverse about Jock Tamson's



                    I've just sent and email off the a Catherine Makin at the Traverse. I re-read the play. I don't think I can do anything else to it just now. I think if I sat through a reading, there are bits I might trim back, but I think if it was performed at the right energy level, the bits I think now might be a bit slack could be alright.

                    I checked the Traverse webpage. They have a month in August when you can submit unsolicited scripts. You cannot submit a script right now. I suspect the email from the Traverse, if I get a response, will advise me to send the script to one or other of the theatres who don't do unsolicited scripts either. And there it would just die in the ditch.

                    What I need is to find someone who wants to put a play on at this year's Fringe, but hasn't got a play yet. Maybe I should look for an agent who deals with plays. Hmmm?

                     My problem is that I'm not going to get off my arse. I like the writing. Everything else is just a waste of time.

                   

No comments:

Post a Comment