Thursday 19 January 2017

Ecuador and Jock Tamson's


                  I had a very busy day today!! First of all, I read Are There Any Buddhists in Ecuador? and I really enjoyed it far more than I expected. After the second person I gave it to didn't finish it, I thought it would be much worse.

                  I've got a lot of prose I've never had published which I think is publishable (the young adult books and Remote Control, etc.), but the stuff I'd like to get published is the Buddhisty stuff. However, it seems to me now, after reading the Ecuador book, that I should go back to The Buddha and the Big Bad Wolf and try to get that published first. You could spend all day sending off emails, but hardly anyone answers them!!

                    But I did get a reply from Catherine Makin at the Traverse. In all the time when I knew something about how the Traverse operates, they only did one play they hadn't commissioned. There's really no future in writing plays on spec. I think that's one of the reasons it was okay to give up trying to get ahead in drama!!

                   Anyway, Catherine Makin put me onto the Playwright's Studio Scotland. They say they will read scripts for free, so I emailed the play to them. Obviously, I don't expect the play to be produced. What I miss now is the Playwright's Workshop. I know if it was okay if I could hear a reading.

                   The photie is of my best Christmas present, Lama Rinchen and me at the Samye Ling last autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment