Sunday 29 January 2017

A change of tack!



                    I've had the flu for the last week or so, but this has given me a little time to think about my tactics,vis a vis, trying to make some money for my lama.

                   Well, Remote Control is an alright thriller, but it would only make me a grand of so and the agent, if he sold it, would want more thrillers. An agent isn't going to sell a thriller and then say, "okay, lets sell non-fiction books about mindfulness." No, I do not think so. It would be the same if I managed to get an agent to punt Bugtown or the other young adult title on my amazon author page.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/John-McKenzie/e/B00584I2Z8/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0

                    I don't mind writing thrillers. I really enjoyed writing the young adult books, but the books I've written which couldn't have been written by someone else are the ones I want to keep writing. Well, I've got three done just now. When I've got a lot better at raising inner heat - maybe when I can dry off wet sheets - I'd like to write a final book for the series. I'd prefer writing something that might actually do someone some good.

                    So I should really go back to the beginning. The book that Dave Baillis and the Domestic Bliss liked was The Buddha and the Big Bad Wolf. I think that's probably the best one as well, but I should get that published first, obviously, since it was written first.

                     I think I should continue making an effort with this, but my heart isn't really in it. What I might do is put is a hour or so every day for a month and then just forget about it.

                      Anyway, I can get on with this tomorrow when the flu remnants will be hopefully gone.

                     The photie is from nearly two years ago. It was taken about late March maybe in 2015.

                   

                   



               


1 comment:

  1. I say!

    I always say, to Adbul, that if a job is worth doing, then it should be done well! For example, last year when he was digging drills, his heart didn't seem to be in it. I said to him "Put your back into it, man!" and demonstrated myself by enthusiastically digging a whole line. What a difference that made! Almost twice as much maize this year.

    MM III

    ReplyDelete