Wednesday 11 January 2017

Jock Tamson's Half Hearted Transformation


          I think I might have finished the first half of the re-write of Jock Tamson's Half Hearted Transformation. I think this is where the play was weak i.e. in what would be a second act of a three act play.

          It was a bit of a hassle re-writing this since I had to check on the version I worked on eighteen months ago .... you end up with the play on the screen and two versions, pages fluttering around et al, and this is a bit frustrating. But now I have the first half more or less finished. There isn't much to do in the second half, I hope, so I could have this off my hands by the end of next week.

          When I've finished it, of course, there's nothing I can do with it. I'll try to get someone at the Traverse to look at it, but I know no one is going to do a play by someone they don't know, whom they've never heard of. But that doesn't matter. I don't want this play in a state I'm not happy with.

           After that, I'm going to work on the second novel about the guy from Remote Control, but I'll work on it as a screenplay till I've got the plot complete, and then I'll fill in the prose. This is the method I used in writing The Real McCoy.

           I tried once again to get the photies off my phone onto this laptop and once again it failed. Right now, I'll spend half an hour sorting this out ... but, of course, in the war against the machines the machines always win since they steal your time away, and you can't get that back.

            I have been posting some current photies on facebook, something I used to use the blog for. But the photies not working ... anyway, folk on facebook seem to think I'm  a grumpy basturn, so I'm going to stop posting on that. It's back to the bloggy for me!!

           The photie is from the Singalila Ridge from last March.


           

1 comment:

  1. I say!

    This blog is very gloomy. Folk won't want the play. Can't get snaps off the phone. Getting criticised on FB.

    How about some positive stuff for a change?

    MM III

    ReplyDelete