Monday 9 March 2015

Went walkies today!




          We went out for a walk twice today. In this monastery it seems they fill up all your day and then let you do what you like from Sunday afternoon till Tuesday afternoon. So tomorrow the retreat schedule really starts and the on Wednesday someone comes around and bangs and gong, blows a trumpet and sets of an atomic bomb at four in the morning.

          I took the top photie this morning about seven as I started the first meditation of the day. The bottom photie is of the dorm I'm staying in at the moment. The first guy I spoke to told us that the put folk together at first in case they freak out, but I expect to be in a single room in another part of the site on Wednesday.

          The sun got warm today and the sky was clear and the countryside looked beautiful under the thick carpet of snow. Winnie and I took two strolls. The rest of the time we spent eating or meditating. Everything is going wonderfully well and the people here are very nice indeed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment