Sunday 22 March 2015

The Photies!










          We go into lockdown tomorrow at three. No nothing but sleep deprivation and meditation till next Sunday. No computery things or telephones.

            I bought the wee buddha to get it blessed for my wee lama, but the closest we got to the Venerable was the plaque on the wall. We'll try again. It should take three times to see a joe like him, by tradition, but it might take more than that for us to see him. He is see-able, but we've only got less than two days next weekend and ..... c'est la vie.

            This place is beautiful. Every time I walk out of the monastery .... well, it is uplifting just to look and see.

              The drawings on the wall are important to the zen folk. All about catching the ox. In the first couple of drawings the boy can't even find it. I think I can find it okay, but I'm just on the fourth picture when the boy is still having to give the ox a bit of a doing with the whips and ropes and all.

               I remember my dreams practically every night. This morning I had a lovely one. I was at Vulture's Peak trying to help my friend get promotion to the next stage. She didn't need my help. Just as well. I'm in a permanent state of tiredness.

2 comments:

  1. I say!

    Once you catch the ox, I'm assuming it goes on the braai?

    MM III

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mingin'! I'm afraid the one who ends up on the braai is your own delicious self! Once you die, all the dead animals come back to life and eat you back!!!

    ReplyDelete