Sunday 8 March 2015

At the Zen Mountain Monastery.





          I had a wonderful dream this morning. Then I meditated for  couple of hours before we set off for the bus station. The big bus station in Manhattan is better than most bus stations. Grand Cental Station is beautiful. Surprising.

          It took about three hours to get here and the wee houses fronted with wood and set in their own pieces of ground looked sometimes lovely in the snow. I kept wanting to get a decent photie of them, but the bus just whished passed. Some of the roof shapes were dutch. I think the wood facing might be called clapperboard.  It was cold, but clear and sunny.

          This is a wonderful place to be, this monastery. They put you in a dorm with some other folk for the first few days to see if you are crazy, but we'll be in single rooms by Wednesday. I'm so looking forward to this month!!  It's going to be great.

           My companion, Winnie, loves the snow. They don't have six inch carpets of the stuff lying in Hong Kong. The icicles are hanging from the old building where the dining hall is.

1 comment: