Monday 16 March 2015

At the Karmapa's seat in the United States.











 I was at the KTD monastery last night and today. This is where the Abbot of the Samye Ling did his retreats. It is way up the mountain from Woodstock, which is a really lovely wee town. Very, very pretty like lots of the places around here.

          This morning we were driven there so my Chinese friend could hang around Woodstock and I could meditate at the monastery. So today I wasn't counting breaths. This is a big aid to mental clarity, but there is not so much bliss, or any at all, especially when you are falling asleep with your eyes open! But today I was back to the great Yajrayana, the juju of jujus and it is obvious what great benefits being here have wrought in my meditations. Purification and accumulation is the name of the game!!

         Afterwards, we went to a diner. I was dying to go to a diner. I loved diners when I was in California thirty odd years ago. I had a full breakfast, with dead animals and all, for $12.

         Then we went a walk up the hill from here and visited the cemetery. It was kind of beautiful with the simple wooden headstones  ...what? ... and the graves among the trees. This looked really lovely.

          The third photie down is on the packing house. I had a work practice there bubble wrapping malas for half an hour or so on Sunday morning.

          I didn't get up today till eight o clock!! Was asleep before ten and I'm still knackered. But I am so pleased to be here!!! I haven't felt as good as this for years.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like good progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flatheids don't get ra ra bliss!

    ReplyDelete