Tuesday 10 September 2013

Where did THE VOID go?









 
          In the beginning, everything went BANG, and here we are fifteen billion years maybe later. Until the BIG BANG there's supposed to be no time or space, or space time, or anything. This is a state without characteristics, unless you say that going BANG is a characteristic.

          Until it went BANG, you might call it THE VOID. The question for today is where did THE VOID go? One kind of imagines that it was then space time and all that, sort of absorbed somehow. But I don't see where it could go if it didn't exist in space. I don't see how you can disappear when you haven't been anywhere in the first place.

           If THE VOID is somehow still with us, what effect does it have? You might say that it isn't anywhere, so it can't have any effects, but the acupuncture meridians aren't anywhere either, and we in the West have discovered somehow belatedly that they have an effect.

          I went for a walk this afternoon after lunch. Great. The apples in the first photies are from the allotment next door. This is the first day I've spent on my own since Thursday, and I think I only had Monday free before that. Dearie me. But it was a lovely day for a walk.

         I was going to start writing today, but tomorrow I've got someone in to touch up the windows and then I've got a very special appointment in the evening. And a lunch date on Thursday, and ....

3 comments:

  1. See my comment a few posts ago re meridians.

    Reading between the lines, the special evening appointment is with "Mrs Palmo", isn't it? I've never heard it called that before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Albert? I have looked for your comment a few posts ago and could not find it. It has disappeared. But I'm sure it's there somewhere except I don't know how to get hold of it. Did it say where the meridians were? Well, just tell us then. Where are they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having lunch is an excellent way to fill a void.

    ReplyDelete