Monday 28 September 2015

Shadow boxing!


          When I stopped working to look after my daughter circa 1987, I was then unable to do boxing training with anyone - I'd been training kids at school and used to spar with them. I was corporal punishment's last stand in Central Region - but I wanted to keep training, so I decided to try to be able to complete six three minute rounds of shadow boxing with half a minute breaks - you still move around the place, but you can give your arms a rest. Anyway, I've kept this up ever since. I wear a tee shirt, two sweatshirts, the woolly jumper and a bin bag liner between the sweat shirts. This year I lost quite a bit of fitness due to being on my holidays for a couple of months at the start of the year, but it's coming back. I haven't done much running for the past couple of years due to a slight aggravation with my feet, caused by doing prostrations. But I go cycling with Poisonous and still do some hatha yoga - mainly back bends and head stands - and I try to do a tai chi set every day.

           Just about everything in my life is going great at the moment. But this is the start of the week and I need to put my body through some purification after a most enjoyable weekend. I'd really like to stay in my hut for most of the day and I think I'll do that. I sat for a straight four hours on Friday and for three and a half on Thursday. I seem to be going up a level in my ability to sit, but the weekend might just have knocked that back a bit!! Oh, well. Once more into the breach dear friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment