Tuesday 22 September 2015

News From Pisa


          Readers of the previous blog posts will know that I spent about four months at the start of the year in the company of my Chinese friend, Winnie. I was very pleased to get an email from her last week as I assumed that I'd heard the last of her. It's the effect I have on folk!!

          Winnie doesn't read this blog so I can safely say she is someone I grew to admire. Very focussed, very self sufficient, and has all her ducks pointing in the same direction, unlike moi! For those who want to know, she's now moved to a place near Pisa for two years to study and meditate. She speaks good English (and can understand some Scottish now!), Cantonese and Mandarin, but no Italian. Who said women were the weaker sex? Some idiot! I'm sure wherever meditation can take you is where she is going. Though she has more of a background in zen, she's bound to be a good candidate for doing the Short Path. That's doing the long, closed retreats and all that. She also does daily practises in Shaolin Kung Fu. If you just look at the photie, you'd think butter wouldn't melt in her mouth. Some folk are just a lot more than they appear to be!! A josephine of true grit if ever there was one! Anyway, more strength to her arm!!

         Speaking of your ducks not all pointing in the same direction, my camera has gone on it's holidays again. It's resting down in Newington at the moment. Apart from stumblebumming about the place every now and again, everything is going great for me. Getting better and better. My meditations still seem to be improving week by week despite my occasionally errant lifestyle.  My weight is down to eleven stone and going down. And I seem to keep encountering wonderful, kind women.

       

       

No comments:

Post a Comment