Saturday 18 May 2013

Utter Tripe!

         Found this review of TheBlissBook yesterday. You've got to laugh!!

          1.0 out of 5 stars
 Utter tripe 5 May 2013
Format:Kindle Edition|Amazon Verified Purchase
The material on Buddhism, teaching and libraries is utterly unconvincing. All this book does is convince me that the author is in serious need of psychiatric help. I read to the end hoping I might see what the more positive reviewers saw, but I never did.
All I could think when I finished was that it was no wonder that his wife left him, his colleagues thought him strange and the pupils wanted to wind him up. Perhaps if he had been more friendly and less judgmental there would have been more help for him.
The bad language did nothing to improve the book either.
The author claims that he understands Buddhism as no others do. That is certainly true - however that does not mean his understanding is correct. The 'Buddhism' he espouses bears no relation to anything I have ever studied. The references he makes are unsupported by the scriptures in Theravada or Mahayana Buddhism, and he completely seems to have missed the point of the 'fierce' images he refer too, which are certainly not presented as examples to follow or in order to encourage violent thoughts.



          I did a lot of work in the allotment yesterday, for me anyway. I cleaned the hut out in case the ratman comes to visit and wants a look. I also re-dug a bit and planted cabbages and brussel sprouts seedlings though they did not look well. The bottom photie is of two folk who do not yet realise they are going to end up planting a lot more than pumpkins. It was a beautiful day yesterday. There's a monsoon going on right now.

          The meditations this morning surpassed everything that has gone before. People who don't meditate don't know what they're missing! This is the bliss. This is the bliss. This is the bliss.

2 comments: