Monday 5 June 2017

Glory on Earth and all that jazz.







          Since I joined this One Drive thing on the laptop, it seems the problem with loading photies has gone away. I've no idea what One Drive is, of course, but being able to post photies here will make me pay more attention to this blog. If this was an anonymous blog, I could write about more interesting lifestyle events, but .... well, I need somewhere to put photies since it's the only good reason I have for carrying a mobile phone about.

          I have a companion to accompany me to the theatre these days and we went to see Glory on Earth on Saturday night. I thought I should write something about it since I've just read a moody review. Well, we really enjoyed it. My friend liked the costumes and the setting, which tends to go over my head, but I thoroughly enjoyed the acting and it was great to see a new play done in the Lyceum with a new writer, at least to me. And the writing was good! I'm not a huge fan on historical dramas or anything "based on a true story",  but given the difficulty of re-visiting the Mary Queen of Scots scenario, the writer did a great job shaping this into a drama.

          This show is worth going to just for the performance of  Rona Morison, who played the Queen. She was terrific on Saturday night. I don't think anyone else could have handled the material any better.

          I'll definitely attend all the Lyceum productions with David Greig in charge. It's easy to keep doing productions of Arthur Miller (whom I love!), but to put on new plays .... You've got to have the right to fail. I wish I'd gone to all the productions this year now.

          We went to Cramond this weekend and Rosalin Glen. My favourite eating place these days is the Toby Carvery. Of course, I stopped being a vegetarian over a year ago now.


No comments:

Post a Comment