Tuesday 4 April 2017

Reincarnation of 16th Karmapa

       
          |I watched a documentary about finding the reincarnation of the 16th Karmapa

Very interesting. Of course, bugger all about the initial problems with false declarations, schisms, etc., and you might expect. I watched it because you have to do something when you stop drinking and smoking, but I was very pleased to do so.

           Odd to see the three "regents" whom Lama Rinchen introduced me to a couple of years ago. They looked a lot younger. Made me feel so pleased to have met Lama Rinchen!

           Very odd to see grown men doing what a child told them to. Most interesting to see the 17th Karmapa telling folk to bury a rock because he said there was a demon living in it. We regard such things as demons as superstitious crap these days - not maybe not Bible thumpers. Christ is supposed to have sorted out some demons. My name is Legion - and I don't believe in believing in things I haven't actually experienced myself. But what do I know? Bizarre to watch the Karmapa telling the demon to calm down!!

           Someone bought a copy of The Buddha and the Big Bad Wolf. God knows why, and how did they find it, etc. I'd give it away.

No comments:

Post a Comment