Monday 3 April 2017

New starts for Springtime



          Today I finished digging the allotment. Next time I'm up there, I'll start planting. I really love that the winter is over and the flowers are all coming out now.

          I was feeling kind of adrift over the weekend due to not writing. I don't have to write and five years ago I tried to give it up completely. Now that I'm out of the habit I realise how difficult it will be to get back into it. If it was just the time, I've got the time. But at the moment I don't feel settled enough. Most weeks recently I've slept in three different beds. To write I'd like to sit down and do it at a set time every day. That's the kind of discipline you need. Well, I need.

          The trouble is that there's not much reason for me to write, apart from the fact that it did give me some joy and some satisfaction. Do I have the time? Unless I meditate all day, I should be able to find an hour or so a day no bother. I'd prefer to meditate than write, but my practise isn't in a place where I just meditate and do little else.

          Anyway, I haven't written much for the last year. Tonight, I start again. What will I start on? I think I'll have a look at the second thriller I left off some time ago. I could get a plot line worked out and maybe try to put it in script form first. I'd really like to write about the juju, but I'll have to wait a few years till I've got some realisation to write about. No, I'll go back to the thriller. Maybe make the protagonist a Buddhist!

           I found a one star review of the Ecuador book. It's better if someone bothered to give you a five star review, but if you put someone on the internet, you have to take what you get. Anyway, the book is probably the worst of the three Buddhist books and I'd only recommend it to someone who was interested in meditation and Buddhism and probably Ecuador. Otherwise, it would put them to sleep. Thrilling, it aint!! No one has ever posted a review of the first one, The Buddha and the Big Bad Wolf and that must have been read by hundreds of folk by this time. The Stumblebumming book was only downloaded by twenty two people when it was put up for free and a crap review appeared almost immediately, and the reviewer normally reviews toasters and hairdryers and that kind of thing. Nothing's as queer as folk. I came here to post this review, but I can't find it right now!! For some reason, the book isn't on my Amazon page.

         I feel that I can do anything now that I've given up the alcohol. Maybe I should forget about the writing. It's a bit self indulgent!! I don't care about getting published. If I wanted to get published, I know what I'd write. The last time I wrote a book to get published, I got it published. Sex, violence, tight story line would do it this time. Getting books published doesn't make you happy. Money is the only good reason.

         I posted the photie because it sparked joy when I saw that Lama Rinchen had sent it to me. Vulture's Peak and the Heart Sutra! Yes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment